- The News
- The Issues
- Reading Room
Archive for Date : 2010 July
Join The Fight!
- Letter to the U.S. Senate from NRAs Chris Cox About "Disclose Act" http://t.co/zzayyc50Saturday, 07.14.12 13:29
- Larry Sinclair: Obama Will Come Out Of The Closet By November! http://t.co/Br9ZDZwYSaturday, 07.14.12 03:08
- Hamas leader: Egypt will protect Gaza from Israeli attack http://t.co/a2zTwx7ZFriday, 07.13.12 22:40
- Uzbek man gets more than 15 years for Obama death threat http://t.co/3A1uWnFuFriday, 07.13.12 22:39
- Green Beret General Joins Family Research Council to Fight ‘Culture War’ for America’s http://t.co/qjFzLdGlFriday, 07.13.12 22:36
- @eclectichorzman All commies lie - the motto has always been "Lie, Cheat & Steal for the Revolution!" Can't wait for November.Friday, 07.13.12 18:42
- Carney: 'Preposterous' To Ask For Obama's College Records (Video) http://t.co/lTLzLZtNFriday, 07.13.12 18:31
- Egypt's Islamic Turn: Obama's Spectacular Failure http://t.co/jIhL7kbQFriday, 07.13.12 18:30
- Coalition of 1,300 black pastors protest NAACP support for gay marriage – Media Not Reporting http://t.co/JrJe9l8QFriday, 07.13.12 18:27
- Israel is on its own in war against terrorism http://t.co/VoycBo5DFriday, 07.13.12 18:25
- Second Boy Claims Sex Assault by Homosexual "Big Brother" http://t.co/gS8742LAFriday, 07.13.12 18:24
- Americans Renouncing Citizenship at Record Levels to Protect Wealth http://t.co/rlPAZB0DFriday, 07.13.12 18:22
- Obama administration ‘guts’ welfare reform with new HHS rule http://t.co/ZAmNl1zVFriday, 07.13.12 18:20
- Audio Exclusive: The Speech That Landed Condi On Romney's VP List http://t.co/AqXSb9KwFriday, 07.13.12 18:18
- Romney To Black Americans: Get Off Democrat Plantation http://t.co/Wik0VCdIFriday, 07.13.12 01:12
- Smoking Banned Inside Santa Monica Residences http://t.co/Mh01vSYqFriday, 07.13.12 01:03
- http://t.co/AyyoXQqKThursday, 07.12.12 22:17
- Big Labor gives Obama, Democrats big cold shoulder with alternate convention http://t.co/nBhdN7PnThursday, 07.12.12 21:56
- Hank Williams Jr. Claims Obama Hates America http://t.co/ykC5Jl4sThursday, 07.12.12 21:54
- The Boston Globe Gets its ‘Romney Stayed At Bain’ Story Wrong http://t.co/xFM8JwDTThursday, 07.12.12 21:53
Letter to the U.S. Senate f… by The Instigator
July 12, 2012
I am writing to express the National Rifle Association’s strong opposition
to S. 3369, the DISCLOSE Act.
In its landmark Citizens United decision, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down
the federal ban on certain political speech by nonprofit membership
associations, including the National Rifle Association. In an effort to
mischaracterize that ruling as something other than a vindication of the
free speech and associational rights of millions of American citizens, some
have repeatedly attempted to effectively reverse or significantly limit the
scope of Citizens United. The latest attempt in this regard is S. 3369.
The NRA has been around since 1871. Our members contribute for the purpose
of speaking during elections and participating in the political process. We
will not risk our Association or our members being silenced at election
time, as S. 3369 would do, while the national news media, politicians and
others are allowed to attack us at will. The NRA is a bipartisan,
single-issue organization made up of millions of individual members
dedicated to the protection of the Second Amendment. The NRA stands
absolutely obligated to our members to ensure maximum access to the First
Amendment, in order to protect and preserve the freedom of the Second
Among the many problems with the DISCLOSE Act are its unconstitutional
disclosure provisions. These provisions require organizations to turn
membership and donor lists over to the government. Under the First
Amendment however, as recognized in a long line of Supreme Court cases,
citizens have the right to speak and associate privately and anonymously.
Further, the DISCLOSE Act creates byzantine administrative burdens that will
suffocate individual citizen associations. The Court in Citizens United was
clear: “As additional rules are created for regulating political speech, any
speech arguably within their reach is chilled.” This bill attacks nearly
all of an association’s political speech by creating an arbitrary patchwork
of unprecedented tracking and disclosure requirements. Nonprofit
associations would have to track the political priorities of each of its
individual members. The cost of complying with these requirements will be
immense; for many associations they may prohibit speaking altogether. That
violates both the spirit and the letter of the First Amendment.
In addition, S. 3369 would give the FEC the power to require the NRA to
reveal private, internal discussions with its millions of members about
political communications. This unnecessary and burdensome requirement would
leave it to government officials to make a determination about the type and
volume of speech that would trigger potential criminal penalties, which is
Recent media accounts of retaliation against certain political donors reveal
the true intent behind this legislation. It is not simply a “disclosure
bill”, as its authors claim. Rather, it is a not-so-transparent attempt to
rend Citizens United into a legal nullity, by chilling the very speech
rights that were restored in that landmark decision.
Due to the importance of the fundamental speech and associational rights of
the National Rifle Association’s four million members, and considering the
blatant attack on those rights that S. 3369 represents, we strongly oppose
the DISCLOSE Act and will consider votes on this legislation in future
Chris W. Cox
- Larry Sinclair: Obama Will … by The Instigator
Hamas leader: Egypt will pr… by The Instigator
The head of the Islamist group Hamas in the Gaza Strip said on Friday he was confident Egypt’s new president would shield the Palestinian enclave from Israeli attack and fully open its borders to end a trade blockade.
Mohamed Mursi, who won power in last month’s presidential election in Egypt, is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and ideologically close to Hamas.
Uzbek man gets more than 15… by The Instigator
An Uzbek man who came to America pursuing an Ivy League medical degree but wound up working seven days a week at a mall kiosk in Alabama was sentenced to more than 15 years in prison Friday for plotting to kill President Barack Obama.U.S. District Judge Abdul K. Kallon imposed the sentence on Ulugbek Kodirov, 22. He had faced up to 30 years in prison.Read More…
Green Beret General Joins F… by The Instigator
Retired Army Lt. Gen. William G. “Jerry” Boykin–an original member of Delta Force who went on to be the top commander of the Green Berets and then deputy undersecretary of defense for intelligence–has joined the Family Research Council, where he says he now hopes to do his part in helping Americans who believe in this nation’s traditional values win an intensifying “culture war” for its future.
“As I have gotten older, I have discovered it is no longer about me, it’s about my grandchildren,” Gen. Boykin said on Thursday, as the FRC announced he was joining the organization as executive vice president.
- Carney: ‘Preposterous… by The Instigator
Egypt’s Islamic Turn:… by The Instigator
Rather than contend with the bitter consequences of his policy, Obama and his surrogates have opted to simply deny the dangerous reality he has engendered through his actions. Even worse they have come up with explanations for maintaining this policy despite its flagrant failure
Two weeks ago, in an unofficial inauguration ceremony at Tahrir Square in Cairo, Egypt’s new Muslim Brotherhood President Mohammed Morsi took off his mask of moderation. Before a crowd of scores of thousands, Morsi pledge to work for the release from US federal prison of Sheikh Omar al Rahman.
According to the New York Times’ account of his speech, Morsi said, “I see signs [being held by members of the crowd] for Omar Abdel Rahman and detainees’ pictures. It is my duty and I will make all efforts to have them free, including Omar Abdel Rahman.”
Coalition of 1,300 black pa… by The Instigator
What does the NAACP do when it can’t play the race card?
A coalition of 1,300 black pastors will go to Houston for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) convention this week — to host a protest against the NAACP’s decision to follow President Obama in backing gay marriage.
“ The Black church founded the NAACP, and it is not the organization for the advancement of gays and lesbians–whatever the merits of that movement,” said Rev. William Owens, president of the Coalition of African-American Pastors. “Return to your roots and stand with the Black Church on marriage.”
Israel is on its own in war… by The Instigator
The Washington Free Beacon reported this week on the continuing omission of Israel from a U.S.-sponsored organization called the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF). At a recent forum meeting in Spain, Maria Otero, U.S. undersecretary of state for civilian security, democracy and human rights, delivered a speech titled “Victims of Terrorism,” but, in her roll call of victims, she didn’t mention Israel. The conference at which she spoke was described as a “high-level conference on the victims of terrorism,” but Israel wasn’t a participant.
It bears repeating because it is so fantastic: At an international conference devoted to victims of terrorism, the world’s leading victim or, better, leading target of terrorism — Israel — was nowhere in sight, or mind.
Welcome to the GCTF — U.S. counterterrorism’s new “normal.” This 30-member organization got its official start last September as a “major initiative” of the Obama administration when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced its launch in New York.
Second Boy Claims Sex Assau… by The Instigator
A second boy is accusing a former Big Brother Big Sister volunteer of repeated sexual assault, according to an amended criminal complaint filed Wednesday.
Rodney J. Meiller, 51, town of Lafayette, was charged Wednesday in Walworth County Court with a third count of repeated sexual assault of a child based on allegations of a 14-year-old boy.
The allegations follow Meiller being charged June 29 with two counts of repeated sexual assault of an 11-year-old boy.
- The Instigator on John Roberts, Evil Genius
Most of this article is Libtard bullshit, but I include it as a view into the "minds" of the left.
- The Instigator on ‘Obama Truth Team’ Orders G…
Hagmann and Infowars are 911 "Truthers". We Win They Lose considers them to be misguided. That said, Godaddy has a ...
- The Instigator on Retired Horace Mann Teacher…
This guy is scum. And the New York Times are scum for trying to "normalize" his pedophile/homosexual behavior as "O.K.". ...
- tharprob on Denver Neighborhood Bans Ch…
>>>This is a public copy of an email sent to all the people listed on the Innovations and Courtyard Traditions ...
- The Instigator on Gay Activistis in White Hou…
Filthy scum...watch your backs.
- The Instigator on Video: A Wisconsin “A…
We Win- You Lose, Shitbag!
- The Instigator on Freakshow: “Transgend…
“Right now I can fit in with the push-up bras and stuff,” she said. But she wants to take hormones ...
- The Instigator on Freakshow: “Transgend…
Remember, the Liberals say that someone who is homosexual is that way because God made them that way, and they ...
- The Instigator on Video: Idiot Huckabee Defen…
Message to Huckleberry: The Order allows illegals 30 years or younger who have resided in the USA illegally for at ...
- The Instigator on CNN’s Roland Martin Blasts …
What this naive writer fails to understand is that a voting block only gets "hooked up" when there is a ...
Welcome , today is Saturday, July 14, 2012