- The News
- The Issues
- Reading Room
You must log in to post a comment.
- Baker says he’d rather go t… by The Instigator
A Denver cake baker who was ordered by a judge last week to service same-sex “weddings” or face punishing fines has told Fox News that he would rather shut down his business and serve jail time than violate his beliefs and play a role in facilitating gay nuptials.
In an interview with Fox’s Elisabeth Hasselbeck, cake maker Jack Phillips said, “You know, [I’ll serve jail time if] that’s what it takes. It’s not like I have chosen this team or that team. This is who I am, it’s what I believe.”
“Does becoming a business owner mean you have to check your convictions at the door?” Hasselbeck asked. “Why is it important for you to have a business and not have to abandon personal religious beliefs just to make a buck?”
“I don’t plan on giving up my religious beliefs … I don’t feel that I should participate in their wedding, and when I do a cake, I feel like I’m participating in the ceremony or the event or the celebration that the cake is for,” Phillips said. “My priorities would be towards my faith rather than towards my safety or security.”
Phillips, who owns Masterpiece Cakeshop in the Denver suburb of Lakewood, has been under fire since July 2012, when David Mullins and Charlie Craig filed a discrimination complaint after Phillips refused to sell them a wedding cake.
While Colorado’s constitution states, “Only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as marriage in this state,” Mullins and Craig had nonetheless planned to “marry” in Massachusetts, where a court order made same-sex “marriage” legal in 2004. Afterward, they planned to hold a reception in Colorado. When they visited Phillips’ cake shop to ask him to provide a wedding cake for the event, he declined, explaining that his religious beliefs prevented him from participating in same-sex “weddings.” Phillips said he would be happy to sell them brownies or
- Indian Court Reinstates Law… by The InstigatorIndia’s Supreme Court Wednesday overturned a lower court’s ruling that had decriminalized gay sex, a disappointing surprise setback for the gay-rights movement in this largely conservative country.In 2009, the Delhi High Court ruled that a 19th-century provision in the country’s penal code that effectively banned gay sex should not apply to consensual acts.
On Wednesday, the Supreme Court rejected that decision, saying the old law was still constitutionally valid and could only be changed or erased by Parliament, not the courts.
Rights groups say the law—known as Section 377 for its place in a 150-year-old Indian penal code—had been used for decades to harass homosexuals.
“We hold that Section 377 IPC does not suffer from the vice of unconstitutionality and the declaration made by the Division Bench of the High court is legally unsustainable,” the two supreme-court judges who presided over the case said in their 98-page judgment, released late Wednesday.
- Poll: Most Americans Believ… by The Instigator
Kick Them Out: Americans overwhelmingly want “more aggressive” deportation of illegal aliens
Congressional Democrats are demanding that the Obama Administration stop ALL deportations of illegal aliens. “Not one more,” they insist. They want Obama to take the kind of unilateral action he took in 2012, when he ordered all so-called “Dreamers” be free from deportation and arrest.
There’s only one problem: the American People want those illegals DEPORTED — more then ever.
According to a new Rasmussen Report, a majority of Americans do not believe the deportation of illegal immigrants living in the United States is “aggressive enough”.
Democrats want Obama to halt the deportation of illegals until Congress passes a comprehensive immigration reform plan, but voters by a two-to-one margin oppose that idea. Most already think the federal government is not vigilant enough in deporting those who are in this country illegally.
Only 29% of Likely U.S. Voters think the government should stop deporting illegal immigrants until Congress passes an immigration reform plan. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 57% oppose a halt to deportations. Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided.
Sixty percent (60%) believe the U.S. government is not aggressive enough now in deporting illegal immigrants. Fourteen percent (14%) say it is too aggressive, while 16% think the number of deportations is about right.
- Woman & Young People T… by The Instigator
President Obama’s approval rating has sunk to a new low yet again.
A new Quinnipiac poll released Tuesday shows that Obama’s approval rating is only 38%. That’s down one percent from a poll released last month.
The new low comes as women and young people, who once vehemently supported Obama, turn their backs on the president. Only 44% of women and 41% of young people (aged 18-29) now say they support Obama.
The Quinnipiac poll also revealed that the public has lost trust in Obama. His approval rating on trustworthiness is 44-52 — this is bad news for the president, as it means the majority of the country does not trust him. This likely has a lot to do with the lie he was caught in during the Obamacare debacle (“If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it. Period.”)
The only positive news for Obama from the Quinnipiac poll is that his approval rating has actually increased among Hispanics, 50% of whom say they support him. That figure is up nearly 10% from last month.
Obama’s presidency is finally unraveling and he has no one to blame but himself.
Washington Times opinion writer George F. Will said, “After Obama’s semi-demi-apology for millions of canceled insurance policies — an intended and predictable consequence of his crusade to liberate Americans from their childish choices of “substandard” policies sold by “bad apple” insurers — Obama is like someone who burns down your house. Then shows up with an empty water bucket. Then lectures you about how defective the house was.”
Perhaps Obama’s collapsing presidency will result in big wins for Republicans in 2014. Only time will tell.
- Boehner lashes out at conse… by The Instigator
Republican leaders defended a modest budget deal that would maintain government operations through 2015 amid conservative opposition that could scuttle the legislation in the House.
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, lashed out at conservative advocacy groups that have encouraged GOP lawmakers to oppose a budget framework unveiled last night by Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash.
“They’re using our members and they’re using the American people for their own goals,” an animated Boehner told reporters at the Capitol. “This is ridiculous.”
- The real Mandela in his own… by The Instigator
I noticed over the weekend that lists of quotes from Nelson Mandela had gone viral on the Internet.
None of the lists I saw included any of these – which say more about the man and the myth than you could have learned by reading all the reports in the international establishment press.
1) “If there is a country that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world, it is the United States of America. They don’t care for human beings.”
2) “Long live the Cuban revolution. Long live comrade Fidel Castro … Cuban internationalists have done so much for African independence, freedom and justice. We admire the sacrifices of the Cuban people in maintaining their independence and sovereignty in the face of a vicious imperialist campaign designed to destroy the advances of the Cuban revolution. We too want to control our destiny. … There can be no surrender. It is a case of freedom or death. The Cuban revolution has been a source of inspiration to all freedom-loving people.”
3) “[T]he people of Asia and Africa have seen through the slanderous campaign conducted by the USA against the socialist countries. They know that their independence is threatened not by any of the countries in the socialist camp but by the USA, who has surrounded their continent with military bases. The communist bogey is an American stunt to distract the attention of the people of Africa from the real issue facing them, namely, American imperialism.”
4) “Under a Communist Party government, South Africa will become a land of milk and honey. Political, economic and social rights will cease to be enjoyed by whites only. They will be shared equally by whites and non-whites. There will be enough land and houses for all. There will be no unemployment, starvation and disease. Workers will earn decent wages; transport will be cheap and education free.”
5) “Yasser Arafat was one of the outstanding freedom fighters of this generation, one who gave his entire life to the cause of the Palestinian people.”
6) “The cause of communism is the greatest cause in the history of mankind!”
- Police state: County censor… by The Instigator
A California county has banned a veteran employee from criticizing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act because a coworker who overheard the criticism was offended.
The employee is Norina Mooney, who has logged some 20 years of work experience with Santa Clara County, the epicenter of Silicon Valley.
According to Mooney’s attorneys with the Pacific Justice Institute, she made some water-cooler talk with a fellow employee about the high number people who have had their insurance policies canceled under Obamacare.
Later, a supervisor called Mooney into a private meeting and allegedly dressed her down for the attempt at chitchat because an unidentified person had overheard the small talk and been offended.
In the future, the supervisor said, Mooney must exit the government building should she have anything adverse about Obamacare or otherwise political to say.
Mooney’s attorneys noted that this edict is an odd one considering Mooney’s claim that the office environment is replete with pro-Obama paraphernalia. She noted that her coworkers openly wore Obama campaign attire to work at election time as well.
- Mary Katharine Ham: Obama ‘… by The Instigator
Journalist Mary Katharine Ham reacted Friday to President Obama’s interview with MSNBC last night, telling Fox News his excuses for Obamacare’s flaws proves he is “narrating the presidency, not actually holding the office of the presidency.” Ham spoke with Fox’s Bill Hemmer and the Washington Examiner’s Byron York about Obama’s justification for his healthcare law’s[...]
- Obama Stars in The No-Name … by The Instigator
When the Pelosi-Reid-Obama troika triumphantly celebrated cramming through the ACA (Affordable Care Act) over majority sentiment, they crowed that this was the president’s signature achievement and ACA soon took on the name of its creator, ObamaCare. Though not one of them, nor any of the Democrats in the Senate who voted it into law uni-partisanly had read it, they all assured us that we’d grow to really, really like it. Boy, were they wrong.
We’ve paid almost a billion dollars to a Canadian firm whose vice-president is a college buddy of Michelle Obama’s from their black radical days at Princeton to create a webpage to enroll people mandated by this law to do so, Obama having turned down the U.S. firm IBM’s offer to create it for free. It doesn’t work. Moreover, the continuing problems with this webpage — and law — are so substantial and intractable that the White House propaganda machine has stopped referring to it as ObamaCare or even the Affordable Care Act. Everyone now knows that for most people, the plan loaded with mandated coverage to curry favors with privileged tranches of voters like college girls who want free contraceptives and abortion coverage and to permit anyone to sign up after they found out they need costly care, not before, is far more expensive than what they were previously paying for medical insurance. It’s some kind of no-name thing. Either that or, to be an honest descriptor, we could call it the UFA (Unaffordable Care Act). Under any name it’s dramatically swamping the president and his party’s standing among voters.
- Obama has shown how a futur… by The Instigator
I owe Mitt Romney an apology.
During the 2012 Republican presidential primary season, I repeatedly criticized Romney — and personally challenged him during his editorial board meeting with the Washington Examiner — for promising that if elected, on day one of his presidency, he would grant Obamacare waivers to all 50 states.
As I reported, under the text of the law, the ability to offer waivers to states was subject to many restrictions and wouldn’t even be an option until 2017, four years after his hypothetical swearing in.
Though I still believe I was right about what the statute said, as it turns out, I was being old-fashioned by taking the letter of the law so literally.
Having watched President Obama and Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius over the past several months unilaterally alter or outright ignore major portions of the law, I now believe that a future Republican president would have greater latitude to gut Obamacare than I once thought possible.
- Issues: Conservative (1861)
- Issues: MarxistWatch(TM) (1770)
- Issues: Culture Wars (1722)
- News: The Media & The Arts (1623)
- News: Elections (1506)
- News: Government (1321)
- Issues: Homosexual Fagtasmagoria (909)
- News: Terrorism & Civil Unrest (782)
- News: International (729)
- Issues: Personal Freedom & Liberty (708)
- The Instigator on The Candy Crowley Tipping PointI can see you are somewhat upset that people have different opinions. Fox News represents the opinions of millions of …
- dregstudios on The Candy Crowley Tipping PointCandy did a great job. All the negativity comes from the sore losers- the talking heads guarding the inhabitants …
- lighthouse on Did Congress Legislate Skin…Essence Ideology and the banning of safe-to-use products: To see the advantage of what is created as a reason for existence, …
- lighthouse on Did Congress Legislate Skin…On Freedom of Choice: The Deception behind the Arguments used to ban Light Bulbs and other Products 13 points, referenced - including …
- lighthouse on Did Congress Legislate Skin…The mentioned CFL study is just the start of it! More about it and previous CFL studies - and how LED …
- The Instigator on John Roberts, Evil GeniusMost of this article is Libtard bullshit, but I include it as a view into the "minds" of the left.
- The Instigator on ‘Obama Truth Team’ Orders G…Hagmann and Infowars are 911 "Truthers". We Win They Lose considers them to be misguided. That said, Godaddy has a …
- The Instigator on Retired Horace Mann Teacher…This guy is scum. And the New York Times are scum for trying to "normalize" his pedophile/homosexual behavior as "O.K.". …
- tharprob on Denver Neighborhood Bans Ch…>>>This is a public copy of an email sent to all the people listed on the Innovations and Courtyard Traditions …
- The Instigator on Gay Activistis in White Hou…Filthy scum...watch your backs.